Sunday, May 19, 2013

Current Projects In-Progress

I'm a chronic multi-tasker. No matter how streamlined I try to make my life, I always seem to be doing a bunch of things at once. Here are a few things that I'm working on:


I'm experimenting with making a crocheted tank top. I've never made anything like this before, and have only begun working on the front side. Once finished, I'll need to do a back side and two shoulder straps, as well. I'll be experimenting with shaping in order to get the simple design that I have in my head. Of course, it's taking forever because I'm using a 3.5 mm hook and thin yarn. This is what I prefer, though, but it will inevitably take a few months to complete this project.


I'm more than halfway done with my rug project! It's taken me over a year and a half to get this far, but I'm proud of the progress that I've made. I have 35 and 1/2 inches to go. I hesitate to give myself a timeline, but I aim to be at least 75% done by the end of this year.


I've been upcycling a lot of T-shirts with pencil eraser stamping. This is one that I have in my Etsy shop. Two more have been completed, and will be added there soon.


I've found a big lot of kraft boxes at the thrift store, and have been working on decoupaging them with recycled paper. This one is in my Etsy shop.


These are my current primary tools for the projects that I'm working on: 1/2 of a large embroidery hoop, 3.5mm and 4.0mm crochet hooks, a fabric pen, a glue (or paint) brush, a pencil and a bone folder. They're simple, but they achieve great things. 

In addition to the projects listed above, I'm also trying to complete a few pieces of artwork for my Etsy shop, and am sketching a few jewelry pieces that I will eventually start working on. I also want to print and assemble at least 5 more of my poetry books, hopefully by June.

My mind is always racing, but I like the pace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment