At last, I'm finally finished with my hat. In a past post, I mentioned that I would turn it into a bag. However, after making strap holes on it, I just didn't like the way it looked. I want everything I make to be something that I absolutely love and would use all the time, and I knew I wouldn't wear that bag. Besides, I carry way too many things throughout the day. I need big, sturdy bags. As a result, I re-transformed it into a hat and am really happy with the results.
Blocking it was a bit of a struggle, as I assumed it would be. It's very challenging to block cylindrical items. I spent a few weeks obsessing over purchasing a hat block that fit my head measurements, but I was afraid that it wouldn't work with a crocheted item, especially something made with wool yarn. There is a always a bit of elasticity in it, so I was worried that it would be too tight. Providentially, I found a bucket in my house that was the perfect size.
My head measures 22 1/2 inches, and the bucket measures 23 1/2 - 25 inches (it gets bigger at the top). I stopped at about 24 inches. This seemed a bit counterintuitive to block it at this width, but I'm assuming that the reason I needed it this wide is because I folded the hat twice to make a cuff. Anyway, it fits perfectly.
Note: I blocked the top of the hat by laying it flat before I blocked the width of the hat with the bucket.
I'm offering this hat as a made to order item in my shop. It's currently recommended for 22-23 inch head sizes, but more sizes will be added as soon as I figure out how to properly block them :)